Graduate Assistantship Opening in the Global Education Office (GEO)
This position is filled for the 2013-2014 academic year.
The position provides a full tuition scholarship (in-state rate) and a stipend of $5,320 for the 2013-14 academic year.
The graduate assistant is responsible for working 20 hours per week throughout the academic year.
In order to meet the expectations of this position, the graduate assistant must be willing and able to work a portion of his/her weekly hours on the weekends (either Saturday or Sunday).
- Coordinates transportation during new student orientation.
- Coordinates activities and off-campus excursions for enrolled international students in collaboration with staff members in GEO, as well as in other on-campus offices (e.g., Student Association, Housing & Residence Life, etc.).
- Assists with management of the Partners in Cross-Cultural Learning Program in which international students are partnered with members of the Plattsburgh community.
- Assists with other activities related to recruitment, admission, and retention of international students.
- Assists with the planning, organization, and implementation of Night of Nations, and other student led activities.
- Assists with promotion of study away programs.
- Matriculated full-time graduate student at SUNY Plattsburgh
- Valid driver's license and a driving record that would allow clearance through the License Event Notification System (LENS); comfortable with driving a 12-passenger van
- Able to begin assistantship two weeks before classes each semester; ability to work during winter break between semesters is helpful
- Excellent English proficiency, both written and spoken
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Friendly and enthusiastic personality
- Interest and ability in working with people of diverse cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
To apply for this position, complete a Graduate Assistantship Application Form by February 15. The application form can be downloaded at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/admissions/graduate/forms.php
For more information about the position, contact:
Assistant Director, Global Education Office
Kehoe Building, Room 210
Phone: (518) 564-4723