Major in Management
Why Study Management?
The business environment has become more complex and global; and leading an organization today requires high level managerial skills. Management skills are essential because every member of any organization has some management and reporting functions as part of their job.
Being a manager increases your knowledge of the whole organization. Our management major gives you the skills you need to improve your chances of a promotion within your organization.
Management at SUNY Plattsburgh:
- Provides conceptual foundations and practical skills needed to manage successfully in today's increasingly complex environment.
- Is designed to prepare you for future careers as a leader in business and government in the global economy.
- Offers a wide variety of courses such as organizational behavior, human resources, strategy, entrepreneurship, industrial/labor relations, international management, organizational behavior, information technology, operations and ethics.
- Has faculty and staff dedicated to the success of our students.
- Continuously enhances courses to ensure they reflect the very latest in management concepts and tools.
- Makes extensive use of information technology in our courses.
- Combines academic rigor with practical relevance for real world application.
If you would like more information about management and information systems at SUNY Plattsburgh, please contact
Dr. Mohamed Djerdjouri, Chair
Office: Au Sable Hall, Room 316
Phone: (518) 564-4214