English Bridge Program promises to provide:
- Experienced instructors with M.A. degrees in TESOL or a related field.
- Academic adviser from EBP teaching staff.
- Placement according to student ability at intermediate or advanced proficiency levels.
- A rigorous academic program that builds academic language and study skills in reading, writing, grammar, listening, and speaking.
- Small classes allowing greater opportunity for interaction and practice.
- Additional tutoring outside of class—generally with an American student.
- American university student mentor or conversation partner.
- Access to resources such as readers, DVDs, videos, software for additional practice.
As a student in the EBP, you promise to:
- Attend all classes. (Excessive unexcused absences (5) result in a failure.)
- Respect fellow students by developing cooperative and friendly relations.
- Adhere to academic honesty. Cheating or plagiarism (using someone else’s work as your own) may result in failing the assignment or the course.
- Participate in classes by volunteering to contribute in a cooperative and responsible manner without being prompted by the teachers.
- Make good use of learning resources (readers, DVDs, videos), tutoring and conversation partners.
- Contact your teacher at an early stage if you are having problems.
- Make every effort to use English at all times in class and on campus: in your dorm, the dining hall, the Learning Center, etc.
If you agree with these terms, please sign the space provided:
Name (please print), Signature, Date
If you would like more information about the ESL Bridge Program, please contact:
Mrs. Marcia Gottschall, Coordinator
Office: Learning Center, Feinberg 103
Phone: (518) 564-2298