- Campus Life
- Cost & Aid
- News & Events
- About Plattsburgh
Undergraduate students have an opportunity to offer their comments and suggestions about their academic advisement experiences by completing an Academic Advising Survey administered via the Banner web (only). The director of academic advising assures that the anonymity of survey responders is maintained. Following is the text of the Academic Advising Survey as it appears on the web.
This survey is connected to your first academic advisor only. If you have a second major or concentration advisor, go to Academic Advising, FL 103 to complete a survey for him/her. If you changed your major/advisor recently, check with Advising to insure the change has been processed before completing a survey for your new advisor. Survey responses are anonymous. If SURVEY COMPLETE button is clicked, you cannot return to the survey to make changes. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
NOTE: Comment/suggestion fields are available for every question.
1. This web survey is connected to your first academic advisor. Type your advisor's name in the box below. Did you seek advisement from someone other than your assigned academic advisor?
Text Block: My first advisor is (type name), yet, (name) helped me:
2. What statement best describes how interactions between you and your advisor are initiated.
3. I prepare for meetings with my advisor (e.g., my questions/concerns about degree requirements, college policies/procedures, future academic plans, etc. are well thought out; I have copies of my Degree Works report and/or transcripts and have reviewed them before advisement meetings).
4. My advisor is readily available to me during office hours, by appointment or by email throughout the semester.
5. My advisor helps me to understand degree requirements, college policies/procedures, asks about my academic progress, and refers to CAPP reports, transcripts, College Catalog, etc.
6. My advisor helps me to identify my educational goals and interests and seems genuinely interested in the successful attainment of my goals, (e.g., helps me to develop and academic plan).
7. My advisor encourages me to ask questions and to discuss my concerns.
8. If my advisor cannot respond to my concerns, s/he makes the effort to refer me to the appropriate person, office, or resource.
9. My advisor shows concern for me as an individual.
10. What statement best describes how you would rate your advisor overall?
Office Location: Feinberg 101-103
Phone: (518) 564-2080
Fax: (518) 564-2079